Wednesday 4 March 2015

Just hangin’ with Darren

Young singer Darren Espanto has grown popular. This became clear to me when I commented about his performance during Pope Francis’ UST Mass on my radio show. I got long thank you messages from a number of fans (buti na lang maganda comments ko!) and, later, I also witnessed how mothers and young girls cheered wildly for him during a concert (lakas maka-artista!).
The teenage “The Voice Kids Philippines” Season 1 runner-up, of course, is elated with all the attention. “Masayang-masaya ako kasi I never imagined that this would happen and ang bilis po ng pangyayari. I feel like sobrang blessed po ako.”
When it comes to performing, Darren shares, “I pray before I sing po, always.”
DARREN ESPANTO
DARREN ESPANTO
He adds, “I also vocalize para ma-warm up po ang boses ko. Bawal po sa akin ang malamig, and sweets at ’yung mga nakakagasgas po sa throat like chips and nuts” (gusto ko pa naman ng mani minsan!).
Darren is busy promoting his very first album under MCA Music. It has eight original tracks and one cover, “Domino” by Jessie J.
“First in the Philippines po mismo ’yung cover  ng album kasi para siyang magazine, may games po, may lyrics and many photos of me,” Darren says.
The 13-year-old dreams of performing in musicals here and abroad. He also considers doing movies in the future (sige ako ang gaganap na nanay mo!).
“Gusto ko ma-establish sarili ko bilang singer then after that I can do movies and acting. Siguro sa comedy. Siguro din po mga rom-com in the future ’pag older na po ako,” Darren says.
Being in the business, Darren has not been spared from intrigues. He is now being linked to Carmina Villaroel’s daughter, Cassy, having supposedly sent the lovely teenager some chocolates.
Asked about it, Darren smiles and says, “’Di po pa kami nagmi-meet. ’Yun lang po.”
At this point, he says he just want to cherish and enjoy everything that is happening to him. He is mature enough to realize how unpredictable show business can be.
“Hindi po ito forever. That’s why you have to stay humble always. You have to really work for it kasi hindi porket nandito ka na and nakukuha na ang lahat ay pang habang buhay yan,” Darren shares (ke-bata-bata alam na ang #walangforever! Push!)

No comments:

Post a Comment